Journal article abstract
Investigating the Effects of Social Media on Higher Education with a Case Study.

Research Areas
Currently no objects available

Publication Details
Subtitle: Investigating the Effects of Social Media on Higher Education with a Case Study
Author list: Mamoun Masoud Abdulqader and Yousof Zohair Almunsour
Publisher: World Scientific Publishing
Publication year: 2020
Journal: Journal of Information and Knowledge Management
Volume number: 19
Issue number: 1
Start page: 1
End page: 11
Number of pages: 11
ISSN: 0219-6492
Web of Science ID: 000535190400024
PubMed ID:
Scopus ID: 85083307243
eISSN: 1793-6926

This research aims to investigate the effects of social media use on higher education teaching and learning as well as the students’ academic performance. A total of 275 students and faculty members from the College of Computer Science and Information Technology at Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University took part in the study. The participants answered survey questions to analyse information on their use of social media in education and how that has affected their teaching, learning and grades. A majority of the participants reported that they used social media in training. However, they also stated that social media platforms were beneficial in academic matters. The number of participants who stated that the use of social media in learning helped improve their grades was 43%. The other 57% thought that social media had no impact on their grades or had an adverse effect or were undecided.

Currently no objects available

Currently no objects available

Currently no objects available

Last updated on 2022-09-01 at 09:40

Share link